Thursday, February 26, 2009

Friday Flea Market

Woo Hoo! I am participating in another Friday flea market and boy do I have some treasures today. I can not resist English bone china capodimonte with roses! I get goose bumps when I see a nice piece. These little treasures are really special. I even added one to an old light fixture to give it some pizzazzzz! You can click on the pictures to visit my website for these and other fabulous items. Be sure to check out the other online businesses by clicking on the Friday flea market link on my side bar.


After I posted this late last night (early this morning), my husband and I were awakened by a terrible crash. I had awoke several times earlier to noises but just wrote them off a "the cats playing". Once I even got up to take a look and only noticed that the cats were all acting spooky. What I failed to realize was that a raccoon had found its way into our home through a cat door in the garage. Normally, we shut the cat door going into the garage from the outside prior to dark. I thought we had done this but apparently, "Rocky" we shall call him, had already made his move to the garage for the cat food. He must has taken it upon himself to come on through the cat door from the garage to the house. He spent most of the night inside creating havok! The crash that we heard was my antique mirror (that I think originally came off of an old secretary) being pulled from the wall and hitting the floor full force! It broke into a dozen or more pieces but somehow the beveled mirror survived! I think Mr. fix it can refurbish it. As far as my favorite pottery birds that used to sit on the shelf, I think they are history. "Rocky" ran out the cat door as soon as he saw me. Has anyone else ever had trouble with raccoons? Here are a couple of pictures of the raccoon mischief. I am cursing those bandits!



Once again the Kansas weather has played a cruel trick on us! Yesterday I had the windows open and it was sunny and nearly 70 degrees. Today I awoke to below freezing, cloudy and grey! I also discovered that the wind last night had blown out the pilot light for the furnace. I am afraid of the gas furnace so I will just light a fire and wait for Mr. fix it to get home from work. The fire is usually lit for aesthetic purposes, today it is a necessity! I didn't even set off the smoke alarm.



Thank you Kathy from Kathys Red Door for being the first follower of my blog and your sweet comments! I love red doors and painted mine last year. I did it out of desperation. My door was just plain ugly and I could not afford to get a new one so I though I'd try some paint. Here is a picture of it!



I hope everyone has a warm and relaxing week end!

5 comments:

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Very pretty little treasures you have there.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for contacting me! I absolutely love your blog and am so happy that you're a member of SLS. I'm glad my skiing adventures (me falling!) has brought back fond memories. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and I really look forward to talking with you more! Wendy @ http//www.BerryLane.com

Sherry Williams said...

I am so glad you found me. It's always great to meet another cat lover!! I love, love, love the pink & green background on you blog page..my favorite color combo. I laughed while reading your blog...I cannot even imagine a raccoon getting into my house! Your poor mirror!!! I'm glad the glass didn't break & your hubby can put it back together. Also, I love your red door!!! Hope to hear from you soon!
Sherry

Anonymous said...

We once had a squirrel find his way into the shop and it was like a hurricane had gone through, as he frantically throw himself at every window in the place trying to get back out. So I know how disheartening it can be to suffer those small disasters. But it is always a blessing when no harm was done to any beings or creatures.

I love your blog and website.
Pamela

Lori said...

what great treasures you found...i can't believe the raccoon came into your house...yikes...we have had them in the garage before via our cat door...and they do make a terrible mess!!!