Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Spring Is Near?!


I have just a few moments today as I have been busy as a bee taking photos of my new treasures which I will be placing on my website! However, I had to take the time to share with everyone that it is nearly 70 degrees here today and I am just sure spring is right around the corner. My neighbor is out mowing his lawn! For those of you who don't know, I live in Kansas (somewhere over the rainbow). In Kansas, spring does not arrive until April! Right now, everything is brown. We can get snow through March!

It has been a mild winter and I am really looking forward to examining my flower beds to see what miracles may have survived. There are winters when my crape mrytles have died back all the way to the ground. Other years, I only have to trim a tiny bit off the top. I can't wait to see the first signs of spring...my daffodils!
My friend Shirley has the most gorgeous roses around her door in the spring. Here is a picture from last year. I'll be sure to show you this years once they bloom.

2 comments:

SmilingSally said...

That's an amazing growth of roses that your friend has! I'd be afraid of bees stinging me.

Marie De Marco said...

thank you. as you were visiting me i was reading you spring post. if you would like leave me an email. send it to me via my email.
marie